11.10.2008

Baby Shower!

Last Sunday, Nov 2, Lemon's Aunty Em (my sister, Emily) threw me a baby shower to celebrate the upcoming arrival of our little girl! We had a great time despite a few snafu's. Here are the highlights:

I had TWO east coast visitors! Aunty San (Sandy, my BFF from high school) flew in from New Jersey, and Aunty Karen (one of my roommates from school) flew in from Vermont to join in the festivities! THANK YOU both for making the trip!

For some reason the TIME of the party was unclear. The three of us walked into Emily's house and she promptly yelled at us for arriving an hour early... uh... no we didn't. Party starts at noon. She insisted it was 1pm. Luckily Aunty Dana arrived 10 minutes behind with the invitation in the car that clearly states a 12:00pm start. HA!

Uncle Chad, Emily's husband, was still home, in his pajamas, helping Emily clean the house. Double HA!

On the opposite end, I had to remind Aunty Laura (a friend from Hawaii who lives in Seattle part time) that the party started noon and not 2:00pm as she left on my voicemail the night before! Yikes! Unfortunately Laura never made it to the party... I didn't hear my phone ringing in my purse as she drove around Snohomish county as lost as she could be. Boo... Again, SO sorry, Laura.

Party attendees included (in addition to myself, Emily, Dana, Karen and Sandy) Aunty Bree & Lemon's new friend Metztli, Aunty Lisa, Aunty Caitlin (Caitlin's little Athena stayed home with daddy that day for the first time ever! Still waiting to hear how that went!) it was a fun little crew full of girly chatter. Perfect.

We did have a couple of last minute cancellations - Aunty Kristen, I hope you grandfather is OK; Aunty KC, I completely understand how hectic it can be to have family in town... both of you were sorely missed, though.

We did not play any shower games (thankfully). Instead we stenciled and painted onesies that Lemon will be able to wear during her first year! This was what we did for Caitlin's shower back in February and I am so glad we re-created it for my shower. They came out GREAT! (Note to Bree: as your hands were full with your toddler the entire time, rest assured that Lisa went ahead and finished your cute elephant - see photos!)

(L to R): Dana, Karen, Sandy, and Emily hard at work!

Maya Played babysitter for about 3 minutes so mommy Bree could at least TRY to make a onesie!

The results - I will have the best-dressed baby in town.

Thanks again to Emily for our hard work, to all of you who were able to make it - especially those who traveled by plane! And for those of you who were unable to join us, we missed you! It is one of the downfalls of having moved around a lot - most of my friends are flung across the country and across oceans. Love to you all.

1 comment:

alohab said...

amazingly creative! but of course i would expect nothing less of you :). I LOVE all the onesies. I really wish I could have been there. If only Noa were still flying for the airlines...