8.13.2008

Bath Time!

Have you ever found yourself shopping on Amazon but your order comes up JUST SHORT of qualifying for their free super-saver shipping? I have to say, those are the times it is convenient to have a wish list or registry set up - just choose an item that you want or need anyway that is close to the price you need to hit the minimum for free shipping. This is an especially easy task with Lemon on the way.

Last week our coffee maker busted, which indirectly led Jim to supplement the order with our second official baby purchase. The First Years Sure Comfort Newborn to Toddler Tub was the item Jim chose off our registry.

Something about the idea of bathing baby in the kitchen sink skeeves me out - maybe the thought of cleaning raw chicken in there, or the nasty dish pile we accumulate daily. Gross. I believe it is the dirtiest place in the house even though I disinfect it daily. So, I knew I would want a baby tub that I could either use on the kitchen counter, OR in the midget bathtub that is upstairs in the kid's bathroom.

This tub gets great reviews - probably the best I have seen on Amazon. In addition, it probably gets the best review of the three tubs featured on Consumer Reports, the only negative being that they say it is small... whatev - the price is right, and I am sure that by the time Lemon outgrows it s/he will want to sit and play in the real tub anyway.

Why did I like it? As mentioned before, the price. At $19, if it sucks I won't feel like I wasted a lot of money (the frugality rule). I like that it is at least designed to handle the baby in multiple stages, infant - toddler (the multi-use rule). In addition, the tub plug actually turns color if the water is too hot - I will, of course, not rely on this but I like it as an extra safety feature. Simplicity in design is the final reason. Who knew something so basic as a tub could be so ugly?? This is the best looking one of the bunch in the price range.

We are looking forward to some happy bath times ahead!

1 comment:

Athena Marie Luccio said...

My Mama and Daddy have this tub for me and I love it. One word of advice though. When you're using the mesh sling they have for infants make sure that you cinch it up enough so that Lemon's little butt doesn't hit the hard plastic ridge beneath it. It took Mama three months to figure this out. Perhaps that's why I hated baths for about three months.....

Oh, Mama says that it's nearly impossible to turn the color changing plug to white, so please don't rely on it or Lemon will get burned. That will make me sad.