10.01.2008

On this day in 2003/2028



Jim and I said "I do" October 1, 2003. I can honestly say that getting married that day was the best decision of my life. And if we think it has been fun so far, I can only imagine what this next year has in store for us!

Five years goes so quickly, I can now see that 25 years isn't very far away. Where could we possibly be in another 20 years? Let's make a written prediction, which I am sure will be fun to check out once we hit that landmark! In the year 2028, this is what we'll be doing:
  • We'll still be living here in Washington - perhaps on Jim's dream street: N 29th Street, in a bigger house, a bigger yard, and views of Commencement Bay. We'll most likely have a younger sibling or two for Lemon who would still need to finish out high school in the area, not that I see us ever living away from here anyway (except for winters in a warmer climate maybe??)
  • Lemon will be in her junior year of college. We'll be looking forward to seeing where her talents lie and what she ends up studying. Her dreams will be our dreams.
  • At the ages of 52 and 53, we will be looking forward to our nearing retirement and we'll have about 8 years to plan for the projects of our golden years... perhaps a small brewery and a lot of travel.
  • Jersey and Bailey will still be running around, but at the ages of 27 and 26, most of their body parts will have been replaced with robot parts. We will leave Jersey's voice box out, or at least install a mute button. The jump function might also be disabled.
  • They'll have found a cure for Crohn's disease and my life would be so much simpler.
  • They'll have found a cure for allergies and Jim's life would be so much simpler.
  • We will finally be throwing a vow renewal and reception for all those friends and family members who were left out the first time. Sorry to say it, but yes it will most likely take another 20 years to do it, but it will be worth the wait.
I look forward to the next 20 years of my life with Jim, but I will remind myself to savor it and slow it down as much as I can... I don't want it flying by too fast...

3 comments:

alohab said...

CONGRATULATIONS! It really seems like yesterday...5 years, amazing. Time really does fly. Just wait till Lemon arrives, it will then move at light speed. Enjoy every minute :)

Rhonda said...

Let me know the date of the renewal vows and reception. I will be there. After all, I'll only be 72! Oct. 1 is a special day for our family. My son married the love of his life and Rick and I gained the wonderful daughter of our hearts.

Unknown said...

Congratulations Mags!! I remember when you guys were getting ready to go on your first date!! You've done so many amazing things in such a short period of time. I think you're awesome!!