10.11.2008

Happy Birthday, Jim!

Today Lemon's daddy turns 33! I am embarrassed to say that I actually forgot for the first hour or so of the day. I know very well that his birthday is today. We even talked about it last night. Perhaps celebrating last weekend with a joint party for Jim and my sister, Emily (whose birthday was Sept 29), threw me off. Maybe it's just my pregnancy brain. Either way, he got a big fat kiss as soon as I remembered.

What will Jim be doing with his day?
  • Right now, he's watching back episodes of South Park while prepping some DVD's he's sold on Half.com to ship.
  • Make a run to get some more free Tagro so he can finish feeding the lawn and prepping next year's garden plots.
  • We will most likely go out for lunch, perhaps to Jimmy Mac's Roadhouse in Federal Way. Jim's been wanting to check it out. 99 bottles is at the same place so I bet we make a stop in there to pick up a specialty beer or two he can enjoy tonight.
  • After lunch we'll pick up his strike checks from the union house in Auburn. We are hoping this next week is the last week the union will be on strike - talks are resuming this weekend!
  • He'll most likely actually do lawn/garden work through the afternoon - he's trying to get it done while the weather is holding out.
  • I will cook a special dinner and dessert for him tonight... I haven't decided what is on the menu yet, but I'll figure it out!
  • For sure the evening will hold a game or two of Wii Madden 09. Perhaps we will also watch a movie curled up on the couch with the dogs.
A low-key birthday, but I think that's the way he prefers it! We'll enjoy some peace and quiet around here while it lasts... I have a feeling this next year is going to get a bit louder...

No comments: