9.23.2008

...status quo...

I realize there hasn't been a post in a while. That's because there is nothing going on, yet lots going on, at the same time. It seems we are home a lot in order to avoid spending money since Jim is still on strike with Boeing. But we have been keeping busy at home. Here is what we have been up to:
  1. Baby. Lemon is fine and getting more active by the day. I still love feeling her in there.
  2. Painting. While on strike, Jim has been a busy bee. He finished painting the baby's room & bathroom yesterday... SO LONG nasty peach and sponge painting, HELLO nice, clean, soft, antique white.
  3. Next project up: installing molding around the bottom perimeter of the baby's room. Hopefully this will be the last labor intensive project up there.
  4. Curtains. I have been a sewing-machine lately and these are almost done. I found an adorable fabric that matches the bunny bedding perfectly. I sure hope this kid takes after her mama and loves orange, too!
  5. Furniture. I made a trip to Ikea and have chosen all the furniture we need to finish out the room. Hopefully this strike is over soon so we can get this stuff purchased.
  6. Football. Jim has organized a football pool for the season so we have been watching as many games as possible on Sundays. I have to say, participating in the pool has been making this season tolerable at least so I am going in the right direction in terms of accepting one of the things my husband is passionate about... I have to try seeing that there is no way I am ever going to love his other two passions (Mexican food and beer. EW and EW). BTW, props to Rhonda for winning this week's pool. Can't wait for you to come back to collect your prize (a pint of Guiness at Doyle's pub)!
  7. Gardening. This has been more of Jim's project seeing as I am not really allowed to garden (not only because of the pregnancy, but also because the meds I am on for my Crohn's disease further kills my immune system and puts me at extra risk for infection from the particles in the dirt and compost we use). Anyway, we have finally been yielding a steady stream of tomatoes and zucchini. Good thing as it has been getting COLD around here and pretty soon we are just going to have to call it good and pull the plants up.
  8. Blogging. Between this blog, the Seattle Center for Book Arts blog I run, and our brand new Uncommon Envelope blog, I am gettting carpal tunnel. Who knew I had so much to say??
And that's it. As I said, not a lot happening, but so much at the same time. I have to say I love having Jim home all day. Times like these I wish we were independently wealthy and didn't have to work so we could spend all of our time together. A girl can dream, can't she...

2 comments:

Rhonda said...

Wow! You guys sound like me. I have to leave the house to get a break. The antique white sounds perfect. Be sure to post a picture when it's all done. I know the curtains will be beautiful. I admire your sewing skills. As for me, the sewing machine and I are not the best of friends.
When I was first married I wasn't wild about football either, but I came to enjoy it very much, thanks to my husband & sons.

Anonymous said...

Hi maggie and Rob!
Miss you, I'm keeping tabs on you guys...
I'm excited for you and el pequeño limón!
Newcastle brown ale for Rob! And what wrong with mexican food? :)