9.10.2008

Mia Hamm, are you in there?

Seemingly overnight, Lemon got the hang of this kicking thing. 

Over the past few weeks I have been feeling her off and on - but they were the little flutters, or a short pounce on my cervix (ouch!). Nothing I could prove to anybody. But yesterday, out of the blue, while I was eating a Key Lime flavored yogurt (SEE - I'm not kidding about the citrus thing!)... WHAMMO! Mid-tummy, she started thomping on me. I put my hand on my belly and... POW! She kicked me square in the palm. I was shocked. I ran upstairs to Jim (to the nursery which he is so lovingly painting while on strike from Boeing) so he could feel for himself. But it was too late. She found her comfy spot and settled down.

Last night while we were watching the premier of Fringe (very promising new show, by the way) she started again, and this time Jim caught it... He felt his very first kick last night. It was very exciting!

And can I just say, it feels SO COOL! I say that now while she is still tiny. I reserve the right to change my tune as Lemon starts to stack on the weight - which is what I hear she should be working on now.

1 comment:

Rhonda said...

It sounds like I'd better learn more about soccer so that I can cheer for our girl and her team at the Olympics one day. Tell Lemon that Key Lime flavored yogurt is grandma's favorite too.